Wednesday, April 21, 2010

IXNAY ON THAT LAST MESSAGE

4/21/10

I should have known better than to give any politician even an inkling of credit. (See my last (or next, depending on your perspective) post “DON’T SHOW ME YOURS AND I WON’T SHOW YOU MINE,” with today’s publication date.) Today’s paper (I didn’t get to the local papers, other than the Emanuel stories, until early this evening.) reports that GOP candidate for governor, State Senator Bill Brady, has caved in to pressure from, of all people, Governor Quinn and Sheila Simon, and decided that he will release his tax returns, thus showing that Bill Brady is as lily-livered as any of the barnacles on the ship of state who seek high office. They are indeed all the same; it seems like the mere act of seeking public office should disqualify one from public office.

Let’s hope no one asks Brady to disrobe in public. (Again, see today’s other post “DON’T SHOW ME YOURS AND I WON’T SHOW YOU MINE.”)

No comments: