Friday, May 30, 2014

QUINN ON WRIGLEY FIELD, NUCLEAR PROLIFERATION, INTEREST RATES AND STOCK PRICES…

5/30/14

I know this is late, but I got really busy today and wanted to make sure that the first piece listed below got published and was brought to your attention…


THE CUBS, WRIGLEY FIELD, RAHM EMANUEL, AND CHICAGO POLITICS:  PLAY BALL!
I even worked a reference to granite counter tops into this observation of Wrigley and the way things work around this town.

SOUTH KOREA WARNS OF NUCLEAR PROLIFERATION:  SO WHAT?
I, for one, would welcome a Japanese nuclear capability.

STOCKS AND BONDS ARE TELLING DIFFERENT STORIES:  WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?
I wasn’t the first to make this point, and I admitted it at the start of this piece.  But today, the day after I made and published this argument, I heard or read it at least three times in the financial media.  Am I prescient?  Probably not.  Am I honest?  Absolutely.

CAP AND TRADE:  THE DEMOCRATS SCREW UP ANOTHER GREAT IDEA
Cap and trade came right out of Jack Kemp’s playbook.  But the GOP has a legitimate beef about the Obama Administration’s proposed execution of this idea.

VLADIMIR PUTIN:  “POP HAD GENCO; LOOK WHAT I GOT!”
I’ve asked it before and I’ll ask it again…what does Vladimir Putin think when he meets with the likes of Barack Obama and George Bush?

Have a great weekend, everybody.   Hopefully, the other Hawks will stay alive tonight.  In any case, it will be a great weekend at the Quinn household.


See my two books, The Chairman, A Novel of Big City Politics and The Chairman’s Challenge, A Continuing Novel of Big City Politics, for further illumination on how things work in Chicago and Illinois politics. 


No comments: