Thursday, May 15, 2014

QUINN ON REDFLEX, RUBIO, ST. GERARD, DEBT, AND INFLATION

5/15/14

Since October, 2012, when the Tribune first broke the story, I have written that Redflex would turn out to be a huge story; now more chickens are coming home to roost on that front.  So I had to find time yesterday evening to write on that ongoing saga.  As things have slowed down just a bit, I’ve also managed to write on the economy, national politics, and the Church:

THE REDFLEX SAGA:  THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING FOR CHICAGO POLITICAL JUNKIES
Back in April, 2013, I spoke at a men’s club meeting at St. Margaret Mary here in Naperville and said that Redflex was the story to watch.  My prediction seems to be being vindicated.

BIZARRONOMICS:  FALLING CREDIT CARD DEBT IS BAD
MORE BIZARRO ECONOMICS:  INFLATION IS GOOD
No, really…some of my best friends are economists.  One introduced me to my wife which, in our case, worked out very well.

MARCO RUBIO:  EVEN THE BEST POLS ARE FRAUDS
The incomparable H.L. Mencken saw the likes of Marco Rubio, and just about every other modern politician of all “ideological” and partisan stripes, coming.

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, WOMEN, EXPECTANT MOTHERS, AND ST. GERARD
St. Gerard was a great guy, and I hope he’s praying for me.  But does empathy count for anything in the Catholic Church?



I thought I’d get this out early since the Redflex story is splayed across this morning’s headlines in Chicago.  Have a great weekend, everybody, and go (other) Hawks!

No comments: