Thursday, July 9, 2009

THE BOOK IS ON THE WAY

7/9/09

An update on my book of (very thinly veiled) Chicago politics, of which you will probably be getting many in the relatively near future, considering that this blog will be one of my major marketing tools:

After repeated, and continuing, attempts at going the conventional route (getting an agent interested who will in turn get a major publishing house interested) toward publication, I have more or less decided to self-publish my book. While, generally, self-publishing is where books go to die, there are success stories in self-publishing and my book is good enough (great, really, if I can say so myself) to be a major success and I have a sufficiently wide platform to help make that happen. (This blog is apparently very widely read.) So I am talking with several self-publishing companies and will take a few weeks to decide on one. We will get moving on this early in August and have a book ready for purchase on Amazon and a number of other online outlets by the Fall, certainly in time for the Christmas season. If it catches on, it will also be available in brick and mortar bookstores.

Say a prayer…and buy the book when it becomes available. If you like this blog, you’ll like the book, and you will probably like the book even if you don’t like the blog.

Thanks for your support.

No comments: